1. Abortion Is An Act of Murder
God says that life begins at conception, and the unborn child is a human being.
But the Bible isn’t alone in declaring this truth. Science also declares that an unborn child is just as much an independent human being as you. The original human cell consists of 46 chromosomes, 23 from each parent. At no point during pregnancy does the mother contribute any new cells to the child. The original cell divides itself and multiplies to provide development and growth for the child. Scientifically speaking, the child is just as independent at six months before birth as he will be six months after birth. Yes, the mother does provide nourishment to the unborn child, but she also provides nourishment to the newborn child!
At two weeks pregnancy, the “fetus” can move alone. By four weeks the child has limbs, muscle tissue, a heart and heartbeat. Ears, eyes, and small hands are visible by the fifth week. The child responds to touch sensations by the sixth or seventh week. At eight weeks, the baby sometimes tries to take a breath when removed from the mother. At twelve weeks, the child will often struggle for life two or three hours when removed from the mother.
Friend, abortion is wrong because abortion is MURDER!
2. Abortion Involves the Shedding of Innocent Blood
Who could possibly be more innocent than an unborn baby?! Yet, our society has become so wicked that it condones the slaying of 1.5 million innocent children every year. The Bible says that God HATES people who do this.
3. Abortion Is A Violation of the Golden Rule
In Matthew 7:12, the Lord Jesus Christ said, “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.”
Would it be your desire to suffer and die while someone traps you in a cage and literally tears your arms and legs from your body?
Abortion is a violation of the golden rule.
4. Abortion Attempts To Destroy A Work of God
God is eternal, so His work is also eternal. Abortion is an attempt to do away with unwanted people–an attempt to make a liar out of God by bringing an end to His work. However, Jesus said you can destroy a person’s BODY, but not their SOUL (Mat. 10:28). Parent, if you’ve had an abortion, your aborted child is in Heaven right now, because you only destroyed the body!
5. Abortion Often Brings Shame, Heartache, and Deep Regret
After his sin with Bathsheba, King David confessed these words to God: “For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.” (Psa. 51:3) David was living under constant conviction and regret for what he had done. He couldn’t get away from it!
Most women who decide to have an abortion spend the rest of their lives regretting it. Are you thinking about an abortion?
visit with some woman who have had abortions. Ask them if they would do it again. Ask them if they have any regrets.
Abortion is wrong because it brings shame, heartache, and deep regret.
6. Abortion Disannuls A Plan of God
If God allows a child to be conceived, then God obviously has a plan for that child. Mary’s parents didn’t know that she’d give birth to the Savior of the world, but she did. God has a plan for unborn children (Jer. 1:5; Lk. 1:13-17; Gen. 4:25; Jud. 13:3-5), so to abort an unborn child is to stop a plan of God.
7.Abortion De-values Human Life
God created man to be the highest form of life on earth (Gen. 1:26-28). Human life is very precious to God. In fact, it is so precious that God Himself instituted the Death Penalty for anyone who takes the life of another (Exo. 21:12; Num. 35). God places great value on human life!
However, abortion promotes the message that life is NOT so valuable, and that man can do as he pleases with it. How long will it be before our nation decides that the killing of elderly people and sick people is justifiable? Why stop there? How long will it be before it becomes lawful to kill Bible believers who refuse to conform to the world system? It won’t be as long as you may think (Rev. 13:16-18; Rev. 20:4). Abortion devalues human life, and it pushes our nation a step closer to that wicked day when it becomes lawful to murder innocent people.
8. Abortion Shows A Lack of Natural Affection
Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3:3 that the last days will be characterized by people who lack “natural affection.”
The pro-abortion movement is a perfect example of this. It is NATURAL to conceive a child, grow to love that child, take care of the child during pregnancy, give birth to the child, and then raise the child with the best care possible. That’s the natural process that God has ordained. It is NOT natural to kill the child! To commit such an act is to show a lack of natural affection, which is sin.
9. Abortion Encourages Sin
Why will 1,500,000 women have abortions this year? Largely because it has become popular. It is no longer illegal, and it is no longer considered a shameful sin by our society. Every time a woman has an abortion she helps society to become more comfortable with it. She’s advertising it! By her example, she’s encouraging others to commit the same sin, and other sins as well. The convenience of abortion will only lead to an increase of other sins such as adultery and fornication. Friend, abortion is wrong because abortion encourages sin!
10. Abortion Shows A Lack of Faith
Romans 14:23 says, “…for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Hebrews 11:6 tells us that without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God.
To have an abortion is to take matters into your own hands, rather than to trust God to work things out. This shows a lack of faith in God, which the Bible labels as SIN.
A desperate woman says, “I can’t afford to have a child. I’m not ready for this.” Lady, you need to start trusting God and claiming His promises. You need to STOP trying to run your own life for a change and START trusting God. You don’t need an abortion, for such will only INCREASE your troubles. The devil has you thinking that abortion is the answer, that it will take care of everything, and you’re very close to giving in to his subtle temptation. If you do, you’ll regret it forever, and God will hold you accountable! Why not turn your life over to the Lord Jesus Christ right now? Why not make Him the Lord of your life and trust Him to work things out for you?
Every Christian is needed in the fight against abortion. It is not a job for specialists. God has instructed us to love our neighbors a ourselves, and that means our tiny, unborn neighbors, too. Here is an outline of becoming a missionary to the unborn:
- Repent of our complacency and indifference to the fate of innocent unborn children who are daily being murdered in our land. Determine that we can and will do something to save these babies and eliminate this scourge.
- Know the scriptures dealing with the shedding of innocent blood, with God’s punishment for nations which were guilty of this, and with God’s plan for restoration through reestablishing justice.
- Educate yourself on this life issue. There are a number of excellent books, pamphlets, and videos defining and explaining the problem and describing the positive steps that a pro-life advocate should take.
- Work with our family, neighbors, friends, and associates. Urge them to become actively pro-life.
- Help your church to become an active (not passive) pro-life force in the community.
- Rescue babies right where the evil is taking place. Planned Parenthood abortion facilities, doctor’s offices, and independent abortion mills:
–Join prayer groups at these locations
–Become a sidewalk counselor
(Assist those considering abortion.)
- Volunteer at a local crisis pregnancy center (CPC), and help support the center financially.
- Volunteer at a local home for unwed mothers, and help support the home financially.
- Get involved in lobbying your city, state and national officials and legislators on behalf of Life.
- Vote and encourage other Christians to vote; distribute and use pro-life voting guides.
- Write to your news media when a matter regarding abortion arises.
- Join a pro-life organization and help to support it.
Source: biblebelievers.com, crusadeforlife.org